I have a friend who I babysat for since I was 11
I am all grown up now and she is now one of my closest friends
This September it will be the 10 year anniversary of the accident
Her husband and two children killed suddenly...gone
And through it all she goes on to help others, counsel others, free others
and be there for me
Last year when we had a huge thunderstorm I was freaked out of my tree
So at 1:30AM I went to sleep with her and we listened to it all night
I have another friend who saved me from the demons of being a teenager
Who helped me admit one of the hardest truths in my life
Convinced me to stay in the world and not leave it
When I was only 16 she made me believe in me
She then got me on highschool trip to Japan and from that I got hooked on
life again
She is always there for me she still keeps me hooked on
life
I have a childhood friend who smiles every time she sees me
Who stuck up for me in Conrad Elementary School
We went to movies, stayed up late, had sleepovers
I soon became a permanent fixture in her home
We laugh at all dysfunctional families and how they are not
perfect
but we are and our friendship is
perfect
I would do anything for these three
They inspire me, encourage me and
I hope I do the same for them
They are my adopted family
I cherish cheese sandwhiches at lunchtime in 1987
Taking care of precious ones
Laughing, smoking, drinking really expensive wine
Belize, Waterlily Bay, Sarah McLachlan in Concert
And the everyday conversations on life and all it's
fuck ups and the
three of you and
me.
2 comments:
beautiful post, christine. you are immeasurably lucky to have such wonderful women in your life. truly, truly blessed. i'm jealous.
p.s. i secretly wished i was one of the three
Post a Comment