Monday, August 29, 2005

LIVESTRONG FOR A MIRACLE

If you wear yellow u believe
I thought tonight of some miracles
I have witnessed
I watched Raymond learn to speak and walk
after 2 years of neglect and abuse
I have seen young mom's graduate
with 2 year old's in tow
I have watched Brenda break out
of a horrible depression
Lori go through labour
I observe Betty
and marvel at her strength
Tomorrow I watch my sister
walk herself to test results
while I take care of her son
And I wait in anticipation
And I think of the small miracles
coming my way...
Shaymo graduating in December
Sandy marching students to success
Me finding pride
I think of a Hurricane whipping through
last night and scaring the shit out of
Louisiana
And I ask for one thing,
Let me have this one thing
for my nephew to have his
mom forever.

2 comments:

meelo said...

your soul is so beautiful. a miracle in its own right. we know amazing people, who have overcome daunting odds and we will never take them for granted. i love your heart. you and i both need to listen to bob and just remember,

don't worry 'bout a thing
cause every little thing's
gonna be all right.

Anonymous said...

You and Heather and everyone in your family are in my hopes and prayers....be strong like you are...Love you tonnes....
xo k