Thursday, August 18, 2005

I've Got Soul but I am not a Soldier

If I could tell u about the last two to three weeks
I would have to write a book
I could tell u that I have feelings that I have never
had before, I have a drive to be a better person
and do better things
I have been worried sick about my sister who
has skin cancer but finally got in to the UBC
Skin Clinic and got it removed
in one day, one moment a surgeon
takes a chunk out and gets rid of
it. One person, with a specialty
in anything can change ur life
I can tell u that I was up most of the night
happy that part of it was off and she is
getting the steps for the rest of it to come off
I have new faith in Canada's medical system
I can tell you that some of my stress is melting away
At 31, the world is becoming a different place for me
New wants, new wishes and new dreams
I still am thinking about my converstaion with
Dempsey Bob, kayaking with my brother,
spending time with old friends who are family
to me
I am on a personal journey of finding myself
in a new way, being able to accept someone
else's affection and most of all being able
to love someone open and free.
I feel that I am a very lucky girl who has
a world of friends, family and stories.
It's not about money, it's not about careers
it's about where you want to go.
I believe I can get there and make a change
Next week I return to my first start at a real job
I am working at Discovery again
I started my dreams there, I still strive for
better childcare and for young people to have
a way to get an education, life and find their dreams.
I will never turn my back on people who have
helped me, talked to me, and encouraged me
to keep going, studying and finding myself.
Shaymo, hard night for you.
I am thinking of you
For everyone who sent my sister good karma
Believe in it. She's going to be o.k.
Thank you

7 comments:

Snades said...

LYM it's all good, right?

meelo said...

so much to say. ironically, no way to say it. bob can always save the day: every little thing's gonna be all right.

for_the_lonely said...

Great things happen on every turn..keep the faith..you are on the right track to much happiness, and I couldn't be happier for you!

Love ya,
Sarah

Nancy said...

It sounds like you learned alot this summer! I hope you implement some of the changes and dreams and go for them!
I hope your sister is going to be okay. Chances are she will be fine.
You are a good person and are just finding your way, even if you think you had it all figured out at seventeen! Most of us do! But, age makes things change and we realize what was important when we were younger, is not so important now. You are on the right track!

Snades said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Snades said...

sang-froid \sang-FRWAH\, noun:
Freedom from agitation or excitement of mind; coolness in trying circumstances; indifference; calmness.

from the Latin meaning "cold blood"

Now will you please change your blog colour?

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing person, and most of all the type of friend that very few people can only hope to have in their lives. Thank you for trusting me enough to let me into your world. Take it from me....go with your heart and you will never go wrong!