Fletcher is walking like an idiot
he is my one year old cat
Chase came by tonight
and pulled his tail
Fletcher just hid
I think he liked it when
Chase just sat in one spot on
the floor
but it was funny and he
was walking funny before
Chase pulled his tail
So I took Chase outside
and we went to my car
I walked back and an Eagle
was sitting in my tree again
level with my face and Chase's
I smirked and he said "bah"
I thought "you again my friend"
I heard stories tonight
of trauma, emergencies and past
experiences all raw and cruel
and Betty said "it is all a journey that
teaches you something to take to the
next journey, the rawness
is the tool you need to
deal with because it teaches
you to feel"
and I thought to myself
how can experiences be so raw in
one part of the world and so peaceful
in another? How do we pick up
and move on when everyday we see
things so harsh it makes you gasp?
How do we learn to move on?
and I thought of what some
of my friends have faced this year
and you know who you are
and I thought of my own
shit and how some days I could
not get out of bed or I moved through
a day like a zombie emotionless
and how I am so glad I got
up and out of bed no matter how
shitty it felt
I look for one eagle
everyday so I can say hello
to you and so together
maybe we can find the tools
to deal with the rawness
all the good and the bad.
1 comment:
in this short little while you have already taught me so many ways of dealing with the injuries, emotions, everything good and bad. in so many facets of you, i learn. learn to listen, look, feel, and trust. i love learning from you. thank you.
Post a Comment