Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Assuming an Assumption

Saw a big bear tonight
on a train track
1 paw up ready to swat
anyone in his way
1 piece of snail mail
made me ready
to do the same

Funny how 1 thing
takes you out
the new me
has no room 4
bullshit she comes
out at various times
during the day
just in time 4
hockey season

It takes me a while
2 process
what irritates me
so here is my first
score 2 settle

Both of u
didn't have the right
to email
or defend me
I asked 4 listeners
I don't interfere in ur life
or ur relationships
don't interfere in mine
your actions made a
stressful time
10x worse
so don't ask me
"how r u"
cuz u will get
a big
"fuck u"

Others won't get this
maybe both of u will

I am home
E.T. come get me
"I'll be right here"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"just in time
4 hockey season"

Love it.

I feel like a bear 8 days out of 10, so I totally related to this post. I pray to sweet Jesus that last little bit wasn't about me because just to read it made me gulp out loud!

It feels good to take no bullshit anymore...I wish you peace, girl.

sang-froid said...

Somehow I can picture you swatting someone, just like the bear. It would not be good for the swattee, but the swatter might feel better. I'm staying well out of your reach.