Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Walking away


It's hard to walk away
especially from her
jobs, comittments
life
it stopped 4 me
10 days
an unforgettable
birthday.
Onward we go 2
planning summer
it's already in the works
a relief 2 me
saying I miss
her is an
understatement
I had a strong reminder
last week of how
great my life is
and the many
lives around me
as this picture
was taken
Hollie got the
news she will
continue to wait 4
a new kidney
and she smiles...
Hollie put it all
in perspective
it is a gift
to be healthy
and strong.

3 comments:

meelo said...

hollie knows the drill. she is a fighter. it is heart breaking to leave you, or watch you leave. i am counting the days until you are back. i love you.

alan said...

People like Hollie are the reason I signed my organ donor card. I "hemmed and hawed" for a long time over it, then heard a piece on NPR about how many skin grafts a burn victim can go through before they finally get ones to keep. I'm sure no one would want my freckles for a finishing touch, but they ought to work well in between!

The idea that my eyes might help someone read really enthuses me as well...

May the days pass quickly until the two of you are together again; then may time suspend for you to enjoy your bliss!

alan

detoxd_deviant said...

home safe and sound: yay!
hope we can tag up before you jet off around the world once again
glad your world stopped so you could breathe together

xoxox