
C: Hi
M: Hi
C: How's it going?
M: Good
C: I have something to tell you...
M: What?
C: I'm Gay...
M: (Silence)
M: When did this come up?
C: Since I was a teenager...
M: Oh...
C: I thought you should know it's been hard to find a way to tell you.
M: Oh...
I don't think there is any good time to tell your parents. The conversation went on. My mother's voice went decibels lower. My Dad was pretty positive. I imagine they will have to take some time. I needed almost 15 years to finally get it out.
It's a relief but I wonder often what it looks like for them.
6 comments:
it looks like you. the same awesome, beautiful child they've always known. we haven't changed. we're still us. still the us they've always known, too. i am so proud of all that you have done. not just here, but in every aspect of your life. mine is soon to follow... our parents will need time, but they will handle it on their own terms. you are amazing butterbean.
I saw your post on Rosie's blog. I just wanted to say congratulations on coming out to your folks! I know how nerve wracking it is!
I read your blog everytime you update it but seen on Rosie's blog that you had came out to your parents and I wanted to congratulate you! My wife and I pretty much have the same story line that you and your girl have. We met online spent a year and 1/2 apart and she finally moved to michigan with me. Someday we'll move back to canada. Best wishes with your relationship. Love is great!
I'm so proud of you. I'm quite sure that was a scary and at the same time liberating conversation to have with her. Good work my friend. Peace.
A real mom is not going to care...be sad a little..possible...but real moms are unconditional. I bet yours is a real one. Lots of little struggles along the way for you both, but thats life in all orientations. Your mom will embrace all of 'you' again. I can tell by your words that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..and you have the ability to love. You got that from her. It will be easier now to navigate without the extra tonage on your mind. Enjoy!
Love lies in truth, your truth will prevail, and love will follow deeper in your truth then in your deception
Post a Comment