Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ruby


October reminds me of two weeks
I got to spend with my Grandma
a couple of years ago
I was recovering from surgery
in Victoria
Everyday I walked a short distance
to my grandparents house
to hang out for a bit
They would have a rye and ginger ale
at 4:30PM
my grandma would tell me stories
little clips of her life
working at department stores
growing up in Saskatchewan
raising three daughters
she also watched T.V.
non-stop she had opinions
on soap operas, Oprah, politicians
and who she thought was cute
on the news broadcast at dinner
Wayne Cox usually got her vote
If he only knew that Ruby Glassford
has a crush on him
It was cool
This is her this summer with
her newest great-grandchild
She's a funky chick
she's aging pretty fast
but can still hold her own.

2 comments:

meelo said...

your grandmother is pretty fiesty. i think you get that from her :). i love hearing your stories about her. she is an awesome chick.

Anonymous said...

I love this story! How special that you still have your grandmother and she is so cool. Peace.