Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve




Last New Year's Eve I was in Vancouver with Heather and Jeff
In one year a lot has changed
My sister had a baby
I met my soulmate
and I came halfway out of the closet
I will be fully out in a month or two with my parents
The last couple of years I have felt pretty bad about
myself not fitting in, being gay, just not to happy
worrying about being disowned...
In one year the change is huge
My sister has been a trooper with a new baby
and malignant melanoma
My girlfriend is amazing,supportive
and the person I want to spend my life with
My nephew Cole is crawling
Campbell lost all his baby teeth
Maggie speaks french and english
Scott rips around everywhere
I wish I could get Camille here faster
and my friends continue to support me
It is a nice feeling to be loved
and I love u all just as much back
Thank you.
Happy New Year

8 comments:

meelo said...

i can't wait to meet everyone. i love hearing about your family and friends. i love the thought of meeting all of them. they all seem so wonderful and fun. hopefully they won't get sick of me.

the coming out part, to the parents, will be rough for both of us. but we've got each other and we've got kick-ass friends to lean on when we need to. we can do anything together and that's just one step closer to making my ass can-eh-dian. yay...i heart you.

SassyFemme said...

Wishing you both a wonderful New Year, and hope that the coming year brings you both nothing but wonderful things. Also hope that the coming out to your families goes well, better than it sounds like you're expecting.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year....2006 is going to be your best yet!!!

xoxo k

pack of 2 said...

Aww you guys are cute!!!

Camielle is moving to Canada??? Awesome for her...she won't have to deal with G.W. Bush crap anymore...ugh!


Happy New Year

Shelly

www.kimmy.cc said...

Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

I've been reading both of your blogs for quite some time now. I really have enjoyed watching the two of you grow together. (I feel bad that I haven't posted sooner!)

Congratulations on the love you have both found! Good luck on coming out...your parents will still love you no matter what, you are their babies, they will be happy that you have found your soul mates! Be strong, you have each other and all of us who are witnessing from afar...

(Canada is awesome! Come join the fun! Bring a sweater or two!!)

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year sweetie. Your parents may be stunned and worried about all the things they believe you'll be missing out on...it will all work out though. I'm quite sure it will be difficult and scary for all of you. You are a strong beautiful lovely woman and I am proud to be getting to know you. Peace my new friend.

Anonymous said...

Not exactly sure how I came across your blog, but I did! I'm feelin ya on the coming out thing. This weekend is my big weekend to come out to my parents....eeek.....Good luck to you!