Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wonderment

itz funny how i can sit
in my own thoughts and
ideas and become
self-absorbed
in things that r
not important

focusing on what could
of been or what might
of been...
then i look at a picture
and it brings me back
to the present
the challenge
of meeting the
demands of
every day
life

a smile
can start
a heart
again

dinner with my
two best friends
laughing
celebrating
and without
their knowledge
they pull me out
of the darkness
i like to hide in.

1 comment:

alan said...

The quarterback who led us to our only Superbowl victory (Len Dawson) is one of our local sportscasters and a commentator for the radio broadcast of our football games. He has a saying I love:

"If ifs and buts
were candy and nuts
we'd all have a Merry Christmas!"

I get caught up in "what if" all to often for my own good...

I'm glad you have friends to pull you out from your hiding place!

alan